X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Los Arcos


On Monday, after being here for 6 months, I finally went snorkelling. It's pretty sad and embarrassing that I haven't been here sooner. This place is just a 15 minute, less than 50 cent bus ride away.

But I'm finding that in recent years, I don't really like doing things alone. I've been there and done that. I'll do things alone, but I don't prefer to. (Well, except living alone which is wonderful!) So I just never had the opportunity to go to this place until Monday when M. and I finally went.

It was pretty amazing to just go from the shore and within minutes be able to see yellow and black striped tiger fish, fish with glowing blues and oranges, needlenose fish (which the fisherman were catching for ceviche tostadas) with lots of blue-green teeth.

There are tours that take people snorkelling around the big rocks. And an adventurous English guy I met here a couple of months ago said you can actually swim out there from the shore if you're a decently strong swimmer. My swimming is not the issue, but my confidence in the open water is a little shaky going out that far unless I'm with a very confident person. I'd like to see if there's more to see out there but not necessarily go with a large group of people.

Disclaimer: This photo was not taken with my camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home