What I Should be Doing

I love this photo. I've noticed this man before on several occasions. There are several men who sell "tuba" (or is it tubo?) which is a drink made from palm sugar, nuts, and minced apple. This man stands out to me because his clothes always look so white and starched and he just has a sense of style and something that is so attractive. The men who sell this drink are all fairly old and they are such a fixture on the M@lecon. What will happen as they age and are too old to work selling the drink? I don't see younger guys replacing them and I wonder if it's a tradition that will just die off.
To me, this photo is so V@llarta with the bus and taxi in the background, the tiled roof, the coconut trees and this handsome, dignified man. I need to be photographing people like him and scenes that define V@llarta to me. And this photo is a sign to me. I shot it as I was walking down the street with a few people. Just a click but I feel like the opportunity for this photo was presented to me for a reason. I've noticed him and there he was and it happened in just a second but look at his face and how he looked so openly into the camera to me.
In the past few days I really feel like something is going to happen relatively soon. I don't know what it is but it's like I feel energy is building and things are happening that I'm unaware of and that a transition is about to occur.
(Please note that I'm writing this at 2:45am. I can't believe I'm still up. I'm taking a break from boring Photoshop editing. I say boring but once I get going, I get obsessed and can work for hours.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home