Trapped

I just want to get out for the day. I'm sick of this urban environment. I got a taste of nature last weekend and I just want a little more.
Last weekend I shot a wedding out on She1ter Is1and. I travelled with another photographer and an assistant out to the North F0rk of Long Is1and where we took the ferry over to She1ter Is1and. I can't believe how beautiful it is out there, especially since it's Long Is1and. And this time of year is amazing because it's farm country and there are pumpkin patches and corn fields and it makes you really feel in touch with fall in the best way possible. And then there's the beauty of She1ter Is1and which actually reminds me a lot of towns near where I'm from but even more rustic and rural. Just gorgeous!
So I thought about renting a car. At first I thought I didn't want to rent from the City because besides being so damn expensive, I don't feel so comfortable driving here. So I thought about taking a train part way and driving from there. It seems impossible to find information on how to do this. I looked at one rental company and the offices all seem to be closed on Sunday. So back to the idea of renting in the City. It makes me seethe with rage that it would probably be at least $100 for just the day. That is disgusting! I can't even convey how disgusting I think that is. When I go to F1orida next week, car rental will be $12 per day!
The logistics and price of this are overwhelming me. I feel totally trapped. How come I can plan a trip around the world, but travel in the US makes me want to vomit because of the stress and price involved?
Besides housing conditions, car rental is right up there with the worst things about living in eNYC.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home