X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Typical Day

I'd say today was a pretty typical day for me. Well, typical of how I've been living during the past few months.

I didn't go to bed till about 3am last night. I'd stayed up late watching consecutive episodes of Law and Order. I am so addicted to that show. They actually have TV stations on Jet Blue so when I flew to Florida last week, I watched about 3 episodes of L&O on USA network. Anyway, I watched TV till late last night and then I got online to the wedding photographer forum I like to hang out on. I started posting various questions and responding to others and another night owl wedding photographer was up too so she was responding to some of my posts and it just went on and on. There I was at 2:30am, taking out my new macro lens and experimenting with the focus and writing about my findings. Because I'm like that.

So I didn't get up till about 11am today. I was woken up earlier by someone ringing the doorbell. They've been doing that around 9:30am. I'm sure as hell not going to answer a stranger ringing my doorbell; I won't even go near the door to check to see who it is. I have a feeling it might be a witnessing Jehovah's Witness because I know they're around and one day I found a Watchtower.

I had my morning songs and dances with B@m B@am, fed the cats, had my breakfast of oatmeal with cranberries and soymilk and a cup of coffee, and then got on the computer. Which is where I've been for most of the past 12-14 hours. I worked editing some of the wedding I shot over the weekend, updated my asset inventory in order to determine how much insurance coverage I need (I also arranged for that), caught up on emails a bit, spent way too much time watching the R Kelly saga Trapped in the Closet (it's like a car wreck that you can't looking at!), spent more time on the wedding photographer forum, more time on another forum trying to figure out logistics of travel in Mexxico for a wedding inquiry, and who knows what else. I also managed to fit in watching trashy TV like a VH1 show about celebrity plastic surgery, a "reality" dating show with a trashy woman named New Y0rk, and a couple of Law and Order episodes. I didn't shower till about 9:45pm when I finally decided to go outside.

My big outing was across the street to the local bodega (deli). It was a serious flashback to Mexxico because I couldn't find anything healthy. I wanted 100% juice cranberry juice but that wasn't happening so I got a little bottle of sugary stuff. I also wanted some vegetarian baked beans but instead spotted a kitten that I started petting and ended up in a conversation with a guy who worked there who's from Veracruz (Mexxico). As I left the store, I passed a couple and heard the woman say "That's that bitch there...". I wasn't sure if she was talking about me or not. I have to admit that this area is a little dodgy feeling at night and sometimes I just don't feel like leaving the apt.

So here it is 2:30am again. And so another day comes to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home