X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Third Cat becomes Chuy

Today I finally trapped Third Cat in my apartment, got him into a cat carrier, and brought him to the vet by taxi. He's staying overnight so he's got an empty stomach to be ready for his neuter operation in the morning. They'll also give him shots and check him out. I feel bad because I know he's probably scared and doesn't know what's going on and then he'll wake up tomorrow and will have some pain. But I do believe it's the best thing for him in the long run.

And I decided that he needed a real name so I named him Chuy which is a Mexxican nickname for Jesus. I figure my other cats have "Ch" names and I named the stray kitten Cuchita. She's my next target/goal to trap and spay. It feels like a drop of water in the ocean when I see all the stray animals around, but it's my small contribution to helping. If we all did just a little...

If you're ever looking for a charity to give to, I'd highly recommend a cat shelter that started in my hometown. They have a wonderful, no-kill facility and do a lot of great work for the animals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home