Tribute
I actually went to the beach today and laid out in the sun. I met L0rna, a woman who's moved down here from the Vanc0uver area with her husband, to discuss photography. She's considering pursuing it as a career change and @my suggested she might be a good person to hire to edit my work (which I'm in desperate need of). She's a little older than me (47) and has been married since she was 20 to a guy who is 15 years older than her. The weirdest thing about it all is that they had temporarily split up within the last year and he was living down here by himself. We met at one of the weekly "board" meetings and went out a couple of times. He looks really great for a man of his age and there was a little chemistry there, but things never really developed and they got back together and seem very happy together.
Anyway, I think due to my paleness, the vendors kept bugging us to buy stuff (I must have looked like I was enjoying my first day of vacation in the sun). There must have been at least a dozen guys who offered henna tattoos. After turning them all down, I met up with B3n and @my at the tattoo shop and spontaneously decided on getting a cheesy henna tattoo of their name on my chest. I actually love it when people have these tattoos on their breast/chest or even better when it's on their neck. It's so cheesy but so classic.
B3n videotaped it and @my and I were laughing the whole time. It's fun and something we'll always remember even though it will fade in a couple of weeks.

2 Comments:
Nice tattoo, even if it his temporary. Hey, can you send some warm weather up here as well? We definitely need it! Please? With sugar on top?
See, I can't even spell is right! (his) Warm weather, NOW!
Post a Comment
<< Home