X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Staying in the Loop

I'm not really up on all the latest movies. Especially since my favorite local theater shut down right before I came back last fall. But I did manage to see Juno recently with B3n and @my. We all loved it. C#ye had recommended it to me shortly after it first came out. And I guess because it became so popular and an Oscar-winner, it actually made its way down here. I especially loved the part at the end where she's in her hospital bed and her boyfriend crawls in next to her and they cuddle up. So sweet, so sad, so romantic. If you haven't seen it, you really should.

Another bit of pop culture I enjoyed recently was an episode of S0uth P@rk. I love S0uth P@rk! I've never had cable so I haven't seen a lot of the episodes but once again, because of C#ye, I found out about a website where you can watch episodes for free. The link he sent me recently was for an episode where the kids figure out they can get high off the urine of an upset male cat. K3nny gets addicted and has a whole trip based on that 80s animated movie "Heavy Metal". And C@rtman starts to take in everyone's cats a la Schind1er's L1st. I nearly fell off my chair laughing when 3 cats show up at the door and give C@rtman the sad pussycat eyes and he can't resist. (Sound familiar? Yes, I now feed 5 cats at night!)

And the last bit of pop culture enjoyment I'll mention here is today's fieldtrip to the newly opened C0stc0. Having lived in eNYC for so many years, I only once have been to a C0stc0 and that was last May in Mexxico City. I didn't get the allure until I started reading a thread in an online PV forum about all the wonderful things you could get there, like fresh blueberries, sharp cheddar cheese and reasonably priced asparagus. @my told me that P3t3r, the club owner, has a membership so I proposed we all take a fieldtrip. We joked that it was sort of Girls Day Out. ;-)


We spent several hours there, going up and down every aisle and commenting on each item. They had fabulous samples like four cheese ravioli with a sundried tomato sauce, panela cheese, soy ice cream, sweetened strawberries in a milkshake, and even K0zy Sh@ck chocolate pudding. I was floored to find a kilo of asparagus for about $2.50. Sometimes I've seen it at my local supermarket for $11 or more!! @my and I split a bunch of things (mushroom filled ravioli, veggie chips, bags of spinach, frozen portabella mushroom paninis) and also got Langer's pomegranate juice (about $5.75). We didn't even have time to look at the H&BA section. It definitely warrants another trip! Such a difference from S@m's club...not surprisingly owned by evil W@lmart.

View from Costco out to parking lot with mountains in the background. Pretty!

1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home