J0na
Next Friday will mark 3 months that little J0na (aka J0na Cat or J0na Quatre) has lived with Chuyit0 and me. It all started with a frantic phone message from J0nathan my neighbor saying he needed my help. He'd found a little sick kitten and needed my help caring for it. At first I was resistant and told him I couldn't take in another cat, that I'd planned to go back to eNYC and couldn't have a second cat to travel with me. But he asked if I could at least just help him and take the cat for a week.
It was hard to keep them apart and before the end of the week wait, I started cracking the door open so they could sniff and paw at each other. Not a single hiss or growl which I thought was pretty amazing and a sign that he was meant to be with us. I gradually introduced him to the bedroom (putting Chuyit0 in the bathroom to sniff out the little guy's space) and the next day let him out in the rest of the apartment. Right away, the two started to play and chase each other around.J0nathan is still missing and I'm starting to lose hope (@lejandro and J's girlfriend have both told me I need to accept the fact that he is dead.) But I hope that little J0na will be with me for many years and will be a happy memory of my time in Va11arta with a life full of J0nathans.

2 Comments:
It's such a blessing to have cats in your life. (Take it from me - I have 5 now!)
ps - he is too cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home