X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ta-daa!


So Je$us actually came through. No, not the guy who can forgive all of our sins but the guy who designed my card. He even delivered them to my apartment. They're pretty simple and the quality for this small batch is pretty basic. He said the printer could do them with some lamination thicker paper and with raised lettering. I'll see how I like this design and then get more. Your input is appreciated.



I was so pressed to get these done because I'd been asked to shoot at a benefit last night for a local orphanage. It turned out to be a really fun time and I got some great shots (this one of the little boy is one of my favorites). I ran into more than a handful of people I already know there and met a bunch more too. And it was so nice to be able to hand out a card! It gives me more confidence that yes, indeed I am a photographer. And I felt people feel that.



I had agreed to do the event pro bono but it was well worth it because there was food and booze and great folkloric dancing and even my 2 favorite dancers from the club performed. It was cool to see them in a different environment; they are truly talented.

After the event I got a ride back to the Malec0n (where my artist friend works on Saturday and Sunday night) with H. the owner of a local restaurant and T. another owner, their friend and a woman we met at the event. It was really a fun and silly time as we cruised the main street of Vallarta that was packed with traffic, in a big SUV, all a bit tipsy (to say the least), blasting Rod Stewart (who H. met once because he has a house here) and singing at the top of our lungs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home