X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Domestic Diva - Curtains Galore!

In addition to photography, one of my recent obsessions has been sewing curtains for my apartment. I bought material back in December and had it all pinnned up everywhere with safety pins. Remarkably, it didn't look half bad but I really wanted to sew things properly. My friend A. lent me her sewing machine months ago and it gathered dust in my apartment. But then a few weeks ago, she mentioned she'd like the machine back to do some projects -- no rush, just try to finish up the curtains.

So I spent several nights up until 2am working on more curtains than any person would ever want to attempt to make at one time. The reason for the curtains is that my apartment is very open, with no doors anywhere. I like the openness but felt sometimes curtains are nice to keep out too much sun, cold (yes, it does get cold here in the winter time), and dust. And they add a finished touch to the place. Looking at them now though, I see they're all a little short and some are a bit see-through. But they look pretty nice and I'm satisfied. The photos below will give you a little view of my apartment too. I'm still loving it.


This is the view when you come in the front door. The first set go into the bedroom and the other group divide the main room (kitchen/living area) from the service patio which is a room that is open to the sky. (It's going to be interesting when the rainy season starts and it's raining inside the apartment. The curtains will probably need to be reinforced with some plastic.)

This view is from inside the bedroom looking toward the doorway and the closet (to the left).

These are the ones between the bedroom and the bathroom. Yes, once again, no door on the bathroom.


I especially like the color and texture of these. This view is looking out from the kitchen to the living area; the window is in the front of the apartment.




Now that I've finished these, I can move onto my next sewing project which is to make a dress from a pattern I bought. I'm excited to learn how to sew more. Fabric is really cheap at one place in town and since clothing is so limited and expensive, it seems the way to go. Believe me, if we had TJ Maxx here, I wouldn't even bother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home