Tomorrow
It's almost 11pm. I'm kind of jacked up on caffeine from a cup of coffee earlier. I knew I needed some extra energy to edit photos. I've been very tired this week. I'm sure it's partially due to stress about this upcoming wedding. The stress has actually been more about the whole payment and money negotiation than shooting the wedding. Which I should be thankful for. I'm actually feeling ok about shooting the wedding. Looking forward to it being "my show" where I get to really do my photography.
So today I met with the head of the newspaper and radio and talked more about possibilities. I'm going back on Monday to record a demo/pilot. R. says I should think of some theme music and a little soundbite they play between newstories I'll be reading. It sounds like at first I will just be a "talking head", but that they are excited about it and there's room for creativity. I thought it might be nice to have a little bit about a new Spanish vocabulary word each time. (That's the teacher in me!) I can tell a little story about the context of learning the word. And in the paper I will probably have my photo in the banner of the page. R. said I can also think about changing my name if I want to for my radio and newspaper "personality". Of course once again, the money needs to be negotiated. I told R. to come up with a figure and we could discuss it. He said ok if I come up with a figure about being paid for the photos. At least nowadays I have a little better idea of the economy.
Anyway, I gotta go out to the boardwalk and sit for M. to finish drawing my portrait. Belated Mother's Day gift. So far it looks amazing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home