X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Future of Tuba?


(Funny how getting my ass out of my apartment results in me taking photos. Seems simple but it often isn't.)

Tonight I was futzing around on my computer (as usual) and I realized it was about 35 minutes from sunset. Fortunately some sense kicked into me and I thought, "You can futz around later on your computer, but maybe you need to get you ass outside and photograph at this ideal time of day."

So I took a walk over to the Malecon. The sunsets here never cease to amaze me. And lo and behold, I came across this little girl selling tuba. I was so excited that I took her photo and then had a little conversation with her. I asked if she was really selling the drink and she said yes, well actually she was helping her father out. I told her how I wondered about the future of tuba because it was mostly older men selling it and never women or girls. She explained that it was really heavy. Such a sweet girl. And I'm happy with the photo too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home