Waiting for Hurr!cane J0hn
I'm somewhat cut-off from the outside world here not having a television. And I'm used to American television that informs you of every minute detail once they grab onto a story. But I have the Internet and I have to admit I'm checking it rather obsessively today since I found about we have a Category 4 (out of 5 which is the highest) hurricane heading our way.
Right now I'm feeling like we could use a serious dose of wind and rain. The humidity here is oppressive today. I went on the Weather Channel's site and it said it's 90 degrees but feels like 102 (in contrast to NYC where it's 71 and feels like 71). The only thing that gives relief is a big rain so we need it to happen.
Typically V@llarta doesn't get impacted by hurricanes because it's in a large bay that shields it. But I'm sure it will kick up some large waves and winds and wouldn't be surprised if some trees get knocked down. As long as people don't get hurt, I welcome a hurricane to add a little more excitement to life. M. and I have been feeling pretty bored lately because there's not much to do in general, and in this weather, you don't even want to leave the apartment because of the heat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home