X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Daily Om

My friend A. was the one who turned me on to the Daily Om. It's an online site that you can sign up with (for free) to get their inspirational/motivational email every day. The name might sound corny to some, but I usually find it has something to think about.

I really liked today's topic, because it's something I often struggle with. Here's an excerpt:

Since personal evolution is most often a slow and gradual process, it can be difficult to recognize the scope of the changes taking place in our lives. Yet it is important that we regularly acknowledge our ongoing growth and reward ourselves for the many wonderful feats of self-improvement we have accomplished. When we intentionally contemplate our progress, we need never feel that we are languishing between past achievements and the realization of future goals. If we look closely at our lives, we may see that much of what brings us pleasure in the present is representative of the ambitions of our past that we worked so hard to attain. At one time, the abundance we enjoy currently likely seemed like a far-off dream. Now it is simply reality-a reality we created through our diligence, passion, and unflagging determination. Whether our progress is fast or slow, we deserve to congratulate ourselves for our successes.


Every day I question who I am, what I'm doing, what I want, etc. And it feels like life is moving forward, but I don't always feel like I am. I think some periods of change feel like they move faster than others. And that even when things don't feel like they're changing fast enough or moving at all, it might be that you're gathering up enough strength or energy or courage to make something bigger happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home