X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Friday, May 16, 2008

New Yawk Housing Prices Reality Check

I just got an email from the eNYC Department of Housing where they are "pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for 50 affordable housing rental apartments now under construction at 454 Manhattan Avenue in the Central Harlem section of Manhattan."

Affordable housing in Central Harlem. What might your guess be for the rent? And how much do you think you might need to make per month to be considered for this "affordable" housing?

Get ready:
Studio (1 Person)
Rent: $1,449
Income: $57,960- $121,716

1 Bedroom (1-2 People)
Rent: $1,819
Income: $72,760- $152,796

2 Bedroom (2 People)
Rent: $2,187
Income: $87,480- $183,708

Go here and see for yourself . I'm not joking and neither are they. All I can say is fortunately the weather sucks for most of the year there and I don't even want to live back there full-time. Otherwise I would be crying...or still working in a cubicle under fluorescent lighting, sleep deprived, and unhappy...just so I could afford to live there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home