Free
I was thinking about that blog post about always feeling like an outsider here. It really hit me last night in the club in the wee hours of the morning, as a I took a bathroom break from dancing, how much I love the club and how much it feels like my home. If you think of a club as defined by a group of people who all know each other and have shared interest, that club is really the place. I can go there any time and feel warmly accepted. Last night my friend T!m who's visiting from T0r0nt0 asked, "Is there anyone who you *don't* know in this club?" I had to smile.
It's not the healthiest lifestyle staying up all night and drinking so much, but I can't begin to convey the pleasure I get from it. I ran into my friend J3ff there last night who's 50-something and originally from CT and he said he really needed to party less and sleep more and he really shouldn't be there. I told him I wanted to support him as a friend, but damn, we were just having too much fun. He agreed and decided it was time to dance on the stage. We persuaded a couple guys to come up with us and we proceeded to dance our butts off. I felt a bit self-conscious at one point because I was in my Cr0cs and a dress that makes some people question if I'm pregnant (I had originally just gone out to pay the cable bill in the afternoon...and didn't get home until about 5:30 am from the club) but then I realized it really didn't matter. As my new favorite club anthem says, "'Cause you're free, to do what you want to do; you've got to live your life; do what you want to do." Amen to that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home