X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Leather Shoot


Here's on of my favorites from today's shoot. It's not perfect (stiffness in model's hands, bunching of product) but it's pretty good.

It was a debate whether to do this job. I said yes and then during the night, my mind had second thoughts and I woke up feeling that I shouldn't do a job where the goal is to sell leather products. Voiced my concerns to my friend who got me the job but he was in a bind and I agreed that if he couldn't find his other photog friend, I'd do it.

I knew it would be fun. The island is beautiful. While I hate the source of leather, it really does make beautiful clothing. I wish I had had more time because it did take time to warm up. I was happy to have done some shoots in classes and one in my home studio with former co-workers who staged a shoot for one's class. I have some experience but today realized I need more. I think it's a bit different if you're in a studio situation where you have a costume/makeup/design person who looks out for the small details of the model/product. I should have probably looked out for that more and taken more control of the situation. I need to learn how to do that. Well, do it and learn from it. But that's cool. Good experience and it was actually a paying job. Makes me want to shoot more fashion. I mean of course I'd like that with my interest in costumes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home