Taking Risks

So I'm going to NYC! I'm really excited and have literally been skipping and dancing around the apartment. Excited for so many reasons. I cannot wait to see my new niece! I want to hold her and cuddle with her and savor every minute because living here, I won't get to see her very much at all.
I'm excited to visit the place that was home to me for nearly 20 years (umm, I'm not talking about C1inton but that would fall under that description too). But feel a little sad that I don't have a home there anymore. But NYC will feel more like home. I'm looking forward to being in my home country where I understand the culture and language and every detail. It's great being here, but also very tiring.
I can't wait to actually see friends. Yay, I have friends! Who know me and understand me and want to hang out with me. I still don't feel that here, but I'm going to work on it when I get back and start my second year here.
And then there's a food. I keep meaning to write about that situation. Let's just say that I have the feeling of someone who hasn't eaten in months (even though I'm getting fatter from lack of exercise and snacking too much) who gets let loose in an open buffet. Screw art and culture and all those great things NYC has to offer -- the important thing is the food! Indian, vegetarian dim sum, Ethiopian, Burmese, pizza, bagels, Tofurkey, fake tuna salad, graham crackers, natural peanut butter -- I want it all!
And maybe most exciting of all is the fact that M. and I will be there together. He lived there for 7-8 years at the same time I was there. He lived blocks from a friend in Williamsburg, yet we never met. It took us both being here for our paths to cross. We often talk about NYC and our experiences there. I can't wait to see it through his eyes to give me a fresh perspective on the City I love so much.
We plan to stay at his mom's in Flushing for most of the first week. Then friends who'll be out of town have so graciously offered to let us stay there, right near my beloved Centra1 Park. Then it's up to CT for about 5 days and then back to Flushing for a couple of days till we leave on the 4th.
Now I need to pack and figure out just how much money I can spend there. My case might be close to settlement which might mean some extra cash. But how much? I don't want to go crazy and overspend and then get nothing and still owe my lawyer thousands. But I'm wondering if I should gamble a little and dip into savings a little deeper with the hope that it will set the energy flowing freely for the settlement to be more favorable. I've always been very conservative in financial matters but I've found that being a little more free feels better and has resulted in good things happening.
The photo above is of Chom Chom. Many of you have never seen her because she's a little scaredy cat who's spent most of her life hiding under the bed. But she's never been happier since she's moved here and now even likes to go outside to explore.

1 Comments:
I don't believe you. That is some street gato from Mexico. Chom Chom is a figment. A figment I tell you!
Post a Comment
<< Home