X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky


Today I met with B. and S. to discuss their upcoming wedding next month. They've asked me to be their photographer and I'm really looking forward to it for several reasons. I was initially interested because of the combination of locations: portraits in a villa, wedding on a beach, post-wedding get-together in Ye1apa (village down the coast only accessible by boat). And well...they're 2 gay men.

I haven't photographed a gay wedding yet. So it's interesting for me to try something different. Without the big white dress and flowers, it'll be a little more challenging to get great images. The focus will be more on the interactions of the people and simply the people themselves. And I'm looking forward to that.

What's even better is that when we met today, they were clear that the more creative the better. They don't want traditional posed family portraits. They'd rather have an interesting (yet not necessarily beautiful) location or something sort of kitchy such as everyone posed making tortillas or maybe changing a tire and everyone with tools. I feel a little nervous, because I'm not sure exactly what we'll do, but it's also really exciting to come up with ideas.

After editing the last wedding (1 of 3 I shot in the 8 days in November) I was feeling a little bored. So this is something to really look forward to. I would really like to expand my photography work so this could really be a good opportunity to do it.

I met them today at the hotel they were staying in. Our meeting consisted of us sipping drinks looking out at an amazing view of the bay. The sun was so bright and the water was multiple shades of blue and almost looked as beautiful as the Caribbean. A nice breeze was blowing through the palm trees. And I felt like wow, I'm truly so lucky to be living this life. I complain and get down sometimes, but with all the people I meet and the places I get to see, it really is amazing.

The photo above is taken in a village called Los Veranos which is about 40 minutes south of here by bus. The photo does not do the place justice. It's breathtaking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home