X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Hooping

About a week ago, I received the latest Groove Hoops e-newsletter. They're one of the top hooping groups and are based in NYC. I was so inspired by their videos, that since then I've been trying to hoop every day. And since M. and I broke up (it might have been the day after I saw the video), it comes at a good time to try to get some more exercise in. Hooping always makes me happy!

So people invariably ask "Hooping? What's that? You mean, hula hooping?" Kind of, but not exactly; it's so much more. I've mentioned hooping on this blog before, but I think if you watch the first video on the Groove Hoops website, you'll get a better idea what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen hooping, I might impress you with a trick or two. But once you see people like this and the stuff they can do, you will be blown away. I've seen them perform live in NYC and they even perform with fire hoops. They give classes in NYC and also just have some get togethers where hoopers and firespinners and the like get together and hang out and practice. If I make it back to NYC this summer, I want to take a class or 2 and hang out and get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home