Mucho Trabajo
Oh my god, I can't believe how much editing work I have to do! It's a little overwhelming to even think about it.
Tomorrow will be the last job for awhile and will end this blitz of work that came my way during the past month.
This was my schedule:
April 20th Fri Short Wedding
April 28th Sat Wedding
April 30th Mon Couple Portrait
May 2nd Weds Short Wedding
May 3rd Thurs Couple Portrait
May 5th Sat Wedding (travel and overnight stay)
May 8th Tues Family Portrait
May 12th Sat Wedding
It's not so many days of actual photographing. And photographing is the fun part. The agonizing and much more time-consuming part is the editing. This involves going through each image and sorting them into folders (e.g. Yes, No, Maybe, Maybe Work, Good) and then another pass which includes light editing in Photoshop. I either need to get much faster at editing or I need to hire someone. I'm leaning toward hiring someone once I start charging more money and can afford that.
The good news is that today I nearly finalized booking a wedding for Oct that will be double what I've been charging. And I've gotten 2 inquiries for weddings in eNYC; one for Sept and another for April. How exciting is that to think about having work back there? I'm going to price things so that it doesn't matter if I'm living in Mexxico or eNYC so I can still make decent money from a wedding even if I have to pay airfare and other travel related expenses.
Tomorrow I hope to finalize my travel plans to Mexxico City (DF) for next weekend. My friends J. and T. are coming down from eNYC to celebrate T.'s brother A.'s birthday. I met T. and A. in DF back in Oct 2004 during the Antorcha project. And I haven't been back to DF since then so I'm really looking forward to hanging out with the guys and experiencing the city.
Ok, I need to stop procrastinating and continue editing and then get some rest! I had electricity all day and I have a new cellphone. But I'm not sure the water is back yet. The neighborhood lost water this afternoon due to some construction misshap. Maybe tomorrow I will have electricity, phone service, and water...all in one day! It's not easy living in paradise.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home