X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Friday, May 04, 2007

The Bitter Irony


What do I do for a living? I photograph happy couples in love. Ah, the bitter
irony!

I'm not actually bitter. But it is really ironic given the recent failure/ending of my relationship with M. It comes at a funny time when I'm busier than ever with work. And at the beginning of a week where I had 2 couple's portraits scheduled. My work thus far has been weddings and families but lo and behold, the week M. and I break up, it's a couple of happy couples thrown in. It actually contributed to the breakup. There was other stuff and it wasn't out of the blue.

But on Monday evening, as I sat and chatted with a couple who were just a few years younger than me and married for 16 years and saw how in love they were, it was a bit of a slap in the face/wake-up call that I deserve to have someone who's more expressively and deeply in love with me.



And yesterday I sat and had a drink and snack with the couple and ended up mentioning that my recent ex had moved all of his stuff out earlier in the day. They were sympathetic. I think they were impressed that I was there with them working as if nothing happened.



The feelings come in waves. I'm trying to be as logical as possible without completely stuffing my feelings down. But like when someone dies, I wake up in the morning sort of forgetting that it's happened, and then as I slip into consciousnesss, it hits me that it's over and I am alone.

Well, I'd better go so I can edit photos of happy couples and get ready to leave tomorrow to photograph a happy couple wedding up the coast. The Law of Attraction says that like attracts like so maybe if I keep having all these happy couples in my life, I too will be one of them one day soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home