X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Our Place

It's after 7am; I should probably get some sleep. I really don't know exactly what fuels me to stay up all night like this. I was feeling sort of under the weather today and went out for quesadillas at 1am with the intention of coming home and resting. Sort of. I showered before I went out and took my camera and flash with me. I should have known better.

I shot 109 images tonight. As I reviewed them I thought how amazing it is how many people I speak to in an evening like this. And how many new people I meet every evening. I think my friend Jennifer is right; I am an extrovert. I just thrive on this social interaction. I love to chat and I love to observe. At one point, I turned to my go-go boy friend and told him how much I loved the energy, that it was better than any drug in the world.

Anyway here are a few of my favorites.

Danny, one of the sweetest boys in the world. Tonight he held onto me so I wouldn't slip into the pool as a I photographed performers onstage. He looks out for me like a sweet younger brother.

Sometimes even the go-go boys stop to watch the other performers.


Just a few of my fellow club denizens. This club gives us all a place to be ourselves. I feel we are all equal, connected, part of a collective "we", happily bonded together if only till MaƱana. It truly feels like there is no gender, no age, and no race in this club. We are all one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home