X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Electric

It's been a rough month for me electronically speaking. There's my still-not-resolved issue with clients not being able to read/copy files of disks I've sold them. Then one of my external hard drives failed. Fortunately I was able to take it to a store and they took out the actual disk and put it in a new casing and all the data was intact. But it was still 4-5 days (or more) when I was in limbo and not getting work done. Then last Saturday, the electricity started surging in my apartment. It was both annoying and creepy because the lights kept flickering higher and lower, and dangerous because I kept fearing all my electronic equipment was going to be fried. When I called the landlady she told me the only person she trusted was out of town and wouldn't be back till Tuesday or Wednesday.

I couldn't really deal with that so I called my friend $teve (who owns the diner, the ranch, and the leather clothing business) and he told me that his daughter's boyfriend was an electrician and could come check things out. It didn't work out because of other things I ended up doing on Saturday (a long story worthy of a future entry) so I held off till Wednesday, but I never heard back from the landlady so I called up the diner to track down $teve's daughter and her electrician boyfriend.

I wasn't really thinking of what the electrician would like in relation to $teve's daughter who's a hot, young Mexxican gal. So when I looked outside to see where he was and saw a hot young guy, I just thought "Hmm, what a hot young guy." But then he sort of smiled at me a little shyly and said "Cri$tina?" and it all became clear.

He was here for 3 hours...you can imagine my disappointment ;-) He fixed the problem and gave me his phone number and told me to give him a call if I ever need anything. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yowza! I think I just blew a fuse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home