X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Dile

I'm fascinated by the song "Dile" by Don Om@r. Besides it being a catchy tune that's very popular, I find it a really strong reflection of Latin culture. The whole machismo thing that is very strong. Both Jon@than and @lejandro really like the song too. I've been with both of them as they've sung along, knowing all the lyrics.

I won't translate the whole thing but here's the gist:

Tell that it was while dancing I met you
Tell him
Tell him that tonight you want to see me
Tell him
Tell him that I kiss better than him
Tell him
Tell him that tonight you're going to see me

I just feel that competing for women (and men too) and infidelity and drama dominates. I'm feeling increasingly pessimistic about finding someone who can be serious about a relationship here. But I've been told I'm just not choosing the right people. That came from a 21 year old straight guy who was having a drink the (gay) bar where my friend @bner and the guy's (gay) brother work. But where do I find these right people?

Here's the whole song in Spanish:
Dile
Dile que bailando te conoci
cuéntale
dile que esta noche me quieres ver
cuéntale
cuéntale que beso mejor que el
cuéntale
dile que esta noche tu me vas a ver
cuéntale
Cuéntale que te conoci bailando
cuéntale que soy mejor que el
cuéntale que te traigo loca
cuéntale que no lo quieres ver
cuéntale que te conoci bailando
cuéntale que soy mejor que el
cuéntale que te traigo loca
cuéntale que no lo quieres ver
Que quizas fue la noche la que te traiciono
o el perfume de mi piel lo que te cautivo
que ya no tienes excusas pa' tu traicion
que tuvistes mil motivos, que entre en razon
que quizas te hablo al oido como ya el no
o en mi arde el fuego de la pasion
ya no le mientas mas y admite tu error
y si es por mi no pidas perdon
digo, queda de ti el que lo perdones
el que lo olvides o lo abandones
porque con llorar no se compone
entonces a mi dame otra noche
Otra, otra noche, otra
ay, que yo no te bote
otra, otra noche, otra
aunque tu vuelvas con el
otra, otra noche, otra
cuéntale, cuéntale
otra, otra noche, otra
que beso mejor que el
otra, otra noche, otra
cuéntale, cuéntale
otra, otra noche, otra
etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home