Outside My Window

I'm really trying hard to get some work done. But when I look out the window, down to the basketball court, I can see some of the best breakdancers I've ever seen. Not sure what's going on. They have a mat laid out and loud music that fills the neighborhood. Great old school stuff like Trans Euro Express by Kraftwerk and of course Rapper's Delight. The kids dancing are fantastic and the energy is contagious. And here I am up on the 6th floor, dancing my ass off along with them. There are 2 cameramen filming too. I will go down there shortly to get a cup of coffee and see what it's about.
Yeah, life on 129th Street is a bit different from life on 12th Street or life out in Rego Park or in C1inton. It's an interesting combination that I'm getting to see back here.

1 Comments:
X!ne - how long will you be staying in Harlem? Yea ... email me at nycblogger@yahoo.com
Post a Comment
<< Home