X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Friday, February 15, 2008

M3ggie

I keep meaning to blog about my new niece and here it is nearly 2 months later. But today I received a link to some photos from my sister-in-law (can I call her that even though they're not legally married?).

It's actually physically painful to me to see photos of my nieces. It makes me very sad that I'm not able to be near them and see them all the time. If I could see them every day, I'd want to. But that would mean living in Cl1nton and you know I do not want that!

Anyway, my newest niece M3ghan F1nley V1ncent was born on December 23, 2007. (F1nley is my dad's birthmother's last/family name so it's cool my brother chose to use that.) She was due on January 5th and my SIL was scheduled for a c-section on December 27th, but little M3ggie (as they call her) couldn't wait to come out and see her family. She was about a pound smaller than her big sister who's remained big for her age (and only gets cuter every day). Everyone was convinced she'd be a boy and I kind of hoped she would because D3laney has such a large personality; I was afraid a little girl might always live in her shadow. But from the photos and what my mom says, she's adorable and already is showing signs of her own personality so I think things will be fine.

I keep trying to reassure myself that if I'm going to be away from them, this is really the best time because they're so small and won't have memories of this time in their lives. As they get older, it will be more important to be around them. But realistically I will never live in Cl1nton (unless tragedy strikes) and my brother and SIL are not the traveling types. They've both spent all their lives in Cl1nton and they like it that way. It was hard to get them to visit me just once when I lived in the next state, just 2 hours away.

It's a weird life I live. In a country where family is the most important thing in the world to most people, yet, thousands of miles away from my own. But this town is also an anomaly in this country because it's full of people who've moved here from other places who don't have family here, both Mexxican and from other countries. Most of the people in the nightlife scene (strippers, hustlers, those just having fun) are not from this town. Which makes sense that I'd click with them on some level.

Well, hopefully I will get to see her around June. I have no plans yet, but I'm leaning in the direction of going back to eNYC again this summer. I've thought about trying to go elsewhere on the West Coast, but right now that seems really difficult and eNYC is a known quantity and although not easy, seems easier. And it would mean being closer to my nieces and lots of friends so that might sway me stronger in that direction.

3 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger jen said...

you can always spend the summer in seattle...you've got a room here anytime!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger rebecca said...

...but eNYC really needs you; I swear its the city that needs to see you, not me! ;)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Xinefoto said...

Aw, it's nice to feel the love from the K01adycz Ladies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home