Time Goes By...So Slowly
Life seems to be inching along at a glacial pace. I've been in the apartment for just over a week and sometimes I feel like I've gotten a lot done and other times it feels like everything is just moving way too slowly. I feel preoccupied with getting apartment stuff done to the point where I'm not really getting work stuff done.
I still have several boxes in my room that need unpacking. Mostly because I have no place to put the stuff. I need plastic storage containers for all my bags, a bookshelf for books and magazines, and a file cabinet to organize all my paperwork. And I really need a strong drill to put up shelves and other stuff.
Damn, moving is really a lot of work. It's no wonder I avoided it. But now that I'm in the this place, I marvel at how I was able to live in my other space as long as I did. Tonight I did laundry (my new friend D@le came by this afternoon with Teflon tape and a nice wrench and hooked up my machine for me) and was happy to see how fast the water flowed into the machine and that the lights in the apartment didn't blink during the cycles. And now when I open my closets, there's no mold smell like in my other place.
I bought 7 meters of chicken wire today and put it up on all the iron gates on my balconies. This keeps the cats in and therefore also allows me to keep the glass doors open and let air flow. All the more important since my ceiling fans still haven't been fixed. But I was happy today that after leaving a message on my landlord's machine that if he didn't come to fix the fans, I was going to hire an electrician and pay for it with the rent, his response was that I should do that. He apologized for not getting back to me sooner; he had been out of town visiting his brother. I haven't heard any updates on that situation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home