X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's Not eNYC Unless I'm Fighting with Customer Service People

I've been dealing with a photo repair shop for a week or so now. Everything has been surprisingly smooth and pleasant. I called for info and the person on the phone was nice and helpful. I brought the equipment in and the person was great. I called last week and the guy on the phone was also great. Each time I was surprised because I often have bad customer service experience.

So today when I called, I had the expectation that everything would be as nice as it has been going. I felt this place was different and had proved how great they are on 3 different occasions. But when the guy told me something was getting fixed that I did not approve, it was back to business as usual. We both went back and forth with each other. He thinks I approved something; I say I didn't. Because why would I approve getting a point and shoot camera fixed for $200 when money is an issue and I'm debating whether I need that camera? I have been talking about it all week, telling people I was debating about the worth of getting it fixed and basically deciding it wasn't worth it. The guy on the phone wouldn't back down. I told him I'm a very detail oriented person; he said so is he. He says he has experience in his job; I told him I wouldn't approve something that's so pricey so easily. He's going to try to get the camera back, but he was guilting me saying his company was going to look bad with Cannon. Neither one of us fully lost our temper but we were both raising our voices, angry, and not backing down. Ahh, New Y0rk!

And then it hit me that maybe I get in less arguments in Mexxico because I don't have the same use of the language. But no, that's not true. I will verbally beat down a taxi driver in Spanish without a problem. Even though I do get into it with them, I am a mellower person down there. It's cultural. Mexxican culture does not encourage confrontation or arguments. But eNYC? Right now as I type this, I hear some guys arguing outside the window. I gotta laugh!

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger KJS said...

And you gotta love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home