Nesting
I've been in my new place for a little over 2 weeks. I'm mostly unpacked but really need to buy a filing cabinet and some bookshelves to finish up. More and more I realize how small my old place was and how I had outgrown it long, long ago. I feel so much more organized in this space and the neat thing about that is that I'm finding myself using things that I've had hoarded away for awhile. Little things like herbal teas that were shoved away under the counter on a shelf, actually have their own little space on my counter.
I'm really into nesting mode which sometimes I feel bad about because I tend to obsess. But I think it's ok because I'm in a less busy work time of year so it's good to focus on my living space now and get it settled. Although I really do need to focus on getting more business or else I won't be able to pay for all of this home stuff!
My life has really changed recently, between this move and @lejandro leaving town. I don't go out as much as I used to or maybe I actually do but I don't stay out till all hours of the morning. I've come to realize that was really tied to him and wanting to be out with him. Nowadays I'm going be bed around 2:30am which I think is fine. And I've made a couple of new friends who both live close by. The day before yesterday I wasn't feeling well and had run out of water and it was really comforting that I could call up my friend $eth and he came by with 2 carafes of water for me to get me through till the water guy passed by the next day. My other new friend D@le is actually going to be moving into the building which is kind of neat. The funny thing about both of these guys is that they've both lived in both R0chester and eNYC so it's fun to reminisce about the places. Even R0chester which I usually have very negative feelings about. D@le actually grew up near there and spent time there more recently and told me that it actually did experience a bit of a renaissance downtown which was good to hear. With him, I reminisce about the good things and that's nice. It's funny that he has the same name as my ex-boss who was crucial in getting me fired (and thus facilitating my move down here) and he's from a place where I was quite miserable. But his positive energy has made me think about the name and the place in a different way.
But both of these new friends are gay so I'm continuing to just hang out in the gayborhhood and the same circle. Not a way to meet a straight partner...although the idea of anyone being 100% straight in this town seems really far out. I like to joke and when I meet a seemingly straight guy I'm sort of interested in, I say "He seems at least 85% straight"...which is all I ask for.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home