X!ne's W0rld

My life as it happens. Moving from the Big City to south of the border.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Life on Jacarandas

My sleazy landlord just came by to collect the rent. He came by the other day, but I put him off even though I had the money. He hasn't paid the water bill for October or December and we haven't had light in the hallway for a month or two...again. A few weeks ago I ended up paying $100 USD to put gas in the communal tank so we'd have hot water and gas to cook with.

The conversation turned to the guy I'd recently been seeing and I told him that was done, he drank too much. Since we were on the topic of nutty neighbors, I thought it was a good time to mention @merica (she used to live across the street, across the hall from the guy I briefly dated). I showed him photos and he knew exactly who she was. Said she was a dancer, that her boyfriend beat her up, and he's a drug addict. I just listened...I like to take it all in. So I told him how she'd threatened me and slapped me in the face before. He said he'd lend me his gun and I could shoot her in the foot and then she wouldn't bother me anymore.

I have to laugh at such a thing. At the fact that he's not joking and that's how he thinks I should handle the situation. Because if you don't laugh, it might all seem a bit scary, right?

He finally has a regular cellphone. He didn't have one before because he was afraid people would try to track him and kill him like they tried to with his brother. I don't know what's changed now. Anyway, he gave me the number and said if I have any more problems with @merica to give him a call.

This is life on Jacarandas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home